White fish tacos with mango mint salsa makes a super easy weeknight meal. They’re quick to prepare and taste amazing topped with fresh mango mint salsa.
Fish tacos are super versatile and these ones are no exception. Sprinkled with a dusting of fragrant spices, the fish cooks quickly and flakes perfectly for filling tortillas. The mango salsa adds a fresh bouquet of flavour with a burst of mint and cilantro to elevate the fish. Complemented with shredded cabbage and scallion greens, or whatever you’re in to mood for, these tacos are sure to become a part of your weeknight rotation.
Try these with my tasty cassava flour tortillas with lime.
White fish: I used haddock to make this recipe but feel free to use cod, snapper, tilapia, etc. Fish is high in protein and unsaturated fats in the form of omega-3 fatty acids, benefitting heart health. The Mayo Clinic recommends two servings of fish a week to help prevent heart disease, so eat up!
Cumin, paprika, cayenne: adds a great depth of flavour to the fish.
Mango: rich in skin-friendly nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A and E, this sweet and juicy fruit encourages the production of collagen, speeds skin healing and may reduce signs of aging.
Chives: adds a slight garlicky note without an overwhelming onion flavour.
Mint and cilantro: rich in antioxidants, herbs elevate the fresh flavour of any dish.
Jalapeño: adds a little punch of heat.
Lemon: brightens the flavour of the salsa.
Common questions about White Fish Tacos with Mango Mint Salsa
Absolutely! Just make sure to thaw it in the fridge and pat dry with a towel before seasoning.
Yes, use whichever mangos you have available, as long as they're ripe and juicy.
Parsley or basil also work well in this dish.
White Fish Tacos with Mango Mint Salsa
- 1 rimmed baking sheet
SEASONED WHITE FISH
- white fish filets (575 grams)
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
MANGO MINT SALSA
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled and diced
- ½ cup fresh chives, chopped
- ⅔ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and deveined, small dice
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tortillas, shredded cabbage, chopped green onions
- Prep: Preheat oven to 425°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Season: Place fish filets on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Mix cumin, paprika, cayenne and salt together and sprinkle on fish.
- Bake: Bake for 8-10 minutes. The time depends on the thickness of your fish. The fish is ready when it can easily be flaked with a fork.
- Salsa: While the fish is baking, combine mango mint salsa ingredients in a medium sized bowl and gently mix.
- Done: Serve fish in a warm tortilla topped with mango salsa, shredded cabbage and chopped green onions.