Satisfy your sweet cravings guilt-free with our easy fudgy 3-ingredient avocado brownies – a wholesome twist on traditional favorites. Enjoy healthy brownies with the perfect blend of flavors and simple ingredients in every bite.
Why You'll Love This 3-Ingredient Brownie Recipe
- Wholesome nutrient-rich ingredients for guilt-free indulgence.
- A simple to make avocado brownie recipe with only 3 ingredients.
- Creamy mashed avocado for fudgy texture and healthy fats.
- Natural sweetness from pure maple syrup.
- Rich chocolate flavor from natural cocoa powder.
- Optional dark chocolate chips for extra decadence.
These easy avocado brownies are the ultimate healthy indulgence, similar to my Fudgy 4 Ingredient Sweet Potato Brownies (flourless) No Bake Black Bean Chocolate Fudge Brownies and Easy Fudgy Homemade Brownies. Packed with nutrient-rich ingredients these fudgy brownies provide a dose of healthy fats and a burst of chocolate flavor. You'll love the simplicity of the recipe, the amazing texture, and the fact that you can whip them up in no time.
Key Ingredients and Substitutions
- Ripe avocado (mashed): The secret ingredient, ripe avocado adds creaminess and healthy fats to the brownies. No coconut oil, almond butter, coconut flour, almond flour or oat flour needed.
- Coconut sugar: A natural sweetener that also helps to bind the ingredients together. Swap with pure maple syrup (about ¼ cup) for more gooey brownies.
- Raw cacao powder: For that rich, chocolatey flavor that everyone loves. Substitute with natural cocoa powder.
- Optional dark chocolate chips: Elevate the chocolate factor in these healthy avocado brownies. Dark chocolate chunks is another great option.
- Optional baking soda: provides a little rise if you prefer your fudgy brownies slightly less dense.
See recipe card below for all ingredients and quantities.
Note: Avocados are a nutrition powerhouse, with heart-healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals that support digestion, and overall health, including skin, eye, and bone health.
- 1 8x4-inch loaf pan or small brownie pan lined with parchment paper.
- 1 large bowl, fork for mashing and spoon or spatula for mixing.
- Optional: food processor, high-speed blender or hand mixer.
How to Make Fudgy Avocado Brownies
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed avocado and coconut sugar.
- Add the cocoa powder, and baking soda if using.
- Mix until combined.
- If you're feeling extra chocolaty, fold in optional dark chocolate chips.
- Pour brownie batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool in pan for 10 minutes, lift out using the parchment paper overhang and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Tip: Refrigerating the brownies before cutting will make it easier to slice into neat squares.
Expert Tips and Variations
- For a fudgy texture, make sure not to over bake the brownies. A slightly gooey center is what you're aiming for. For the best results, ensure your avocados are ripe and soft.
- Feel free to experiment with different types of chocolate chips, a splash of vanilla extract, nuts or seeds for added texture and flavor.
- Sprinkle large coconut flakes on top of the brownie batter prior to baking. The best part is that they'll toast beautifully during the process.
- Store the chocolatey brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for the day, in the fridge for up to 4 days. Freeze individually wrapped in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Use a food processor, hand blender or high-speed blender for creamier avocado texture. The batter consistency will be smoother than smashed avocado with a fork.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely, preferably in the fridge, before cutting to get clean, neat squares.
You can use pure maple syrup in this recipe if you prefer your brownies to be even more gooey. I recommend you refrigerate the brownies before cutting and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Absolutely! Frozen avocado can be used in this avocado brownie recipe. Allow the avocado to thaw then mash as you would fresh avocado.
Yes, these fudgy brownies can be frozen. Wrap them individually in plastic wrap and store in a freezer-safe container.
More easy chocolate recipes
Did you make this recipe?
Leave a review and ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating below!
3 Ingredient Avocado Brownies Recipe
- 1 8x4-inch loaf pan or brownie pan lined with parchment paper
- 1 large bowl, fork for mashing and spoon or spatula for mixing
- Optional: food processor, high-speed blender or hand mixer
- 2 medium avocados, mashed
- ⅓ cup (51 grams) coconut sugar, (or ¼ cup maple syrup)
- ½ cup (42 grams) raw cacao powder, or natural cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda, optional
- ⅓ cup (57 grams) dark chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed avocado and coconut sugar. Mix until smooth and well incorporated.
- Add the cocoa powder to the avocado mixture. Mix until fully combined and the batter is smooth and chocolatey. If desired, gently fold in the baking soda. This will help the brownies rise slightly and create a lighter texture.
- Fold in the optional dark chocolate chips if using. They'll add extra bursts of chocolatey goodness to your brownies.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan using a spatula to spread evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Using the parchment paper overhang, lift the brownies out of the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerating the brownies will make it easier to cut into squares.
- To achieve a fudgy texture, be careful not to over bake. A slightly gooey center is desired.
- For smoother blending, use a hand mixer or food processor to mash the avocado and mix the ingredients.
- Experiment with your favorite mix-ins, like nuts or different types of chocolate chips.
- Store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 day, or in the fridge for up to 4 days. Freeze individually wrapped in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature or gently reheat in microwave.