These flourless almond butter cookies are super addictive, gluten and dairy free and easy to make. They are slightly crispy on the outside yet dense and chewy on the inside with the perfect hint of salt sprinkled on top!
When I whipped up my creamy almond butter I knew I needed to bake some cookies. I kept the recipe egg-free in case you're into that and I used only a small amount of coconut sugar to give them a little sweetness. These cookies are not crunchy and crumbly, and hold up well with every bite!
- Almond flour: Consider weighing your flour for consistent results.
- Coconut sugar: Just a little to give the cookies some sweetness.
- Psyllium: Helps to bind ingredients together and adds fibre to your cookies.
- Almond butter: You can buy almond butter or make my quick & easy homemade almond butter.
- Unrefined coconut oil: Made with fresh coconut meat that is cold pressed, therefore less processed.
- Almond milk: Feel free to use any non-dairy milk
- Flaked sea salt: Adds a little crunch and elevates the flavor of the almonds.
Common Questions About Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
If it's too tempting to have all the cookies baked at once, you can freeze balls of uncooked dough, and thaw in the fridge for about 30 minutes when ready to use.
Weighing the flour ensure that you have consistent results with each batch of cookies. Scooping the flour can pack down the flour and increase the weight which could lead to drier cookies.
Lining your pan with parchment paper keeps the cookies from sticking, and makes clean up a breeze.