This roasted root vegetables recipe makes a healthy, colorful side dish. It's easy to prepare and produces a heartwarming melody of Fall flavors.
- 4-6 medium parsnips, peeled (454 grams, 1 pound)
- 4-6 medium carrots, peeled (454 grams, 1 pound)
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed(454 grams, 1 pound)
- 3-4 medium beetroots, scrubbed (454 grams, 1 pound)
- 3 large shallots, peeled (350 grams)
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 °F. Line a large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper. You may need two baking sheets depending on the size.
- Chop the parsnip, carrot, sweet potato and beetroot into 1-inch pieces. Slice the shallots into quarter.
- Toss all vegetables with olive oil, spread onto baking sheet, and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Careful the vegetables don't overlap so they don't steam while roasting.
- Roast for 45 minutes until tender and slightly caramelized.
If you are using dried herbs instead of fresh herbs, reduce your quantity to 1 teaspoon dried herbs versus 1 tablespoon fresh herbs.
The oven roasted vegetables can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. These Fall vegetables will not freeze well.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40-45 min
- Category: side dish
- Method: roasted
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 15.1 g
- Sodium: 320.8 mg
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.3 g
- Fiber: 9.3 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: how to roast vegetables, oven roasted vegetables, sheet pan roasted vegetables, roasted root vegetables, roast vegetables