Sink your teeth into these rich and decadent matcha dark chocolate mint cups. They're high in antioxidants from the matcha and dark chocolate making them a healthy, guilt-free treat!
- 14 oz dark chocolate chips or bar (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 145 grams unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a double-boiler or in a medium bowl in the microwave in 30-second increments.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/2 tablespoon (or slightly more) of the melted chocolate. Give the muffin tin a light tap on the counter to remove air bubbles. Place in freezer for 10 minutes or until firm.
- If using unsweetened shredded coconut, pour the coconut in a small food processor and blend until mostly smooth, scraping down the sides often, about 8 minutes. If using coconut butter, move to next step.
- Mix the blended coconut with the matcha and peppermint extract. If the coconut matcha mixture is too runny, place in the fridge for a few minutes to firm slightly.
- Remove chocolate from freezer and and add 1/2 tablespoon of the coconut mixture into the middle of each muffin cup. You can flatten the mixture with your fingers but keep it it away from the edge of the muffin cup liner.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the melted chocolate to each muffin cup, covering the coconut mixture. Give the muffin tin a tap on the counter to remove air bubbles and flatten the chocolate. Return to freezer for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Fridge: the chocolate matcha mint cups can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for several weeks.
- Freezer: the chocolate matcha mint cups can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Category: snack
- Method: fridge
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 13.1 g
- Sodium: 7.8 mg
- Fat: 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 16.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.2 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 4.1 mg
Keywords: matcha dark chocolate, matcha, dark chocolate mint, matcha chocolate mint