This is the best gluten-free chocolate chip cookies recipe! They are crispy on the outside, soft and gooey on the inside, and full of rich, caramel flavor.
- 1/2 cup melted (and cooled) ghee or coconut oil (113 grams)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (95 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour (192 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (127 grams) (I use bittersweet)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper. You may need two baking sheets depending on the size you have available.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ghee, coconut sugar, egg and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy, and well combined.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda and sea salt. Using a rubber spatula, stir well to combine, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop or spoon (about 1.5 tablespoons of dough), scoop cookie dough 2-inches apart onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookie edges are golden.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These cookies will be slightly crispy. If you would like them to be more chewy, refrigerate the cookie dough for 1 hour and up to 24 hours, then continue to step 4 to bake the cookies.
- These gluten-free chocolate chip cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Make sure they are completely cooled before storing.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 9.7 g
- Sodium: 109.1 mg
- Fat: 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 9.3 mg
Keywords: gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, healthy chocolate chip cookies, crispy