This easy fudgy homemade brownie recipe is an irresistible decadent treat. Dense, moist and chewy with crispy edges and a crackly top. They'll disappear in no time!
- 8 oz dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil or ghee
- 3/4 cup raw coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- flakey sea salt for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8x8 pan with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a large glass bowl, melt the 8 ounces of dark chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 30 second increments, or over a double-boiler until the chocolate is fully melted. Stir to combine.
- Add the coconut sugar to the warm chocolate and mix well to allow the coconut sugar to dissolve slightly. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and whisk with your electric mixer or by hand for 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until just combined.
- Switch to a silicone spatula and mix in the tapioca flour, cacao powder and sea salt until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips if using.
- Pour brownie batter into the lined pan and bake for 24-28 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes before slicing into squares.
- The brownies are best slightly undercooked then overcooked.
- I recommend using a metal 8x8 baking pan lined with unbleached parchment paper. Glass will heat up quickly and hold the heat. This may overcook the outside of your brownies causing them to be dry and brittle.
- If you want your brownies more dense then whisk the eggs for less time. If you want them more cakey then whisk for an additional minute to whip more air into the batter.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 24 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 16 squares
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 12.5 g
- Sodium: 71.9 mg
- Fat: 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.2 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 35.3 mg
Keywords: fudgy brownies, gluten free brownies, paleo brownies